Skip to main content
Marty Gillies
College Student & Intern
Asked a question 8 months ago

The past summer I interned in a town planning department in Vermont, but was disappointed to see that there was very little adoption or even awareness of the principles which Strong Towns is built upon. It seems that many of the more progressive cities in the US are self-starters - without a passionate New Urbanist in our office, we had no way to become a Strong Town ourselves. I am wondering if there are any consulting firms that work on these issues and work with municipalities to provide guidance on this topic. Thank you for your insight!

I've recently begun considering my next career move and I'd love to do work that aligns with the Strong Towns message. Are there any organizations that are doing that kind of work? I know of organizations like Verdunity, Urban3, and Better Block. Are there any others? I'd be especially interested in ones close to North Georgia.

Where am I?

In Strong Towns you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Paul CorderStrong Towns Member
City of Lebanon, TN Planning Director

Some of the Planners in Cleveland, TN and Chattanooga, TN are on board with Strong Towns ideas.  I work with Common Ground out of Franklin, TN and they work in the Chattanooga area.  They are up to speed on Strong Towns as well.