Skip to main content

AMA: Economics of Development 202
AMA: Economics of Development 202
0 followers
0 questions
2 posts

Do you have questions about AMA: Economics of Development 202?

Log in to ask questions about AMA: Economics of Development 202 publicly or anonymously.

economics of development 201

in your experience, chuck, what does it take for cities to be receptive to the strong towns message? already be in long term decline? the message is not what they want to hear. and it takes considerable effort to compute and analyze the data to realize how bad things are.

AMA Economics of Development 202

When I look at Urban3's profit and loss maps for cities, sometimes I see suburban-style developments that are profitable and traditional pre-WWII neighborhoods that lose money (especially residential areas). It looks like the financial picture is more complicated than all post-WWII suburban development is insolvent and all pre-WWII development is solvent. Can Joe explain why the picture might be more complicated? 

AMA: The Economics of Development 202

In this Ask Me Anything webinar, Principal at Urban3 Joe Minicozzi and Strong Towns president and founder Charles Marohn answer your most pressing questions in response to Joe's presentation, The Economics of Development 202

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL1m52vA7WY&feature=youtu.be

AMA Economics of Development 202

Hi Chuck and Joe!

I'm wondering what y'all think about on-street parking or public parking lots/garages as a replacement for on-parcel private parking requirements? I've come to believe that all parking should be understood to be a public resource, not a private/amenity or requirement. As we know, private parking lots are over-built 99.99% of the time. Private parking lots almost always have empty spaces that can't (legally) be re-purposed for adjacent uses because they are on private property (one will often see a sign saying "This parking is for McDonald's customer's ONLY! Violators will be towed at owner expense!").

Making... (More)